22878Re: [midatlanticretro] terminal 10

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Oct 1, 2011
      B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:

      >At 09:37 AM 9/30/2011, you wrote: > >>>T he computers/keyboards
      >>especially need to be disposable, as the public will be using >them. >
      >>Good point. > > >>> That said if you're keen on supporting a real
      >terminal network > it has to be something that can be supported by the
      >"local" MARCH > team - Evan, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff - right? > >Duh, we knowz
      >how 2 work komputer too, Bill? :) >
      >
      >I am talking about the hassle of constantly having to keep everything
      >going in a vintage terminal environment. Or do you know of modern
      >terminals that are not vintage? I want to avoid hardware issues that
      >take up valuable time.

      What hassles?

      Back in the days, I had sites with literally 100s of terminals. Then,
      the only issue was keeping the cables all sorted from terminals to the
      systems. LAT, terminal servers, and ethernet greatly simplified that.

      As for modern terminals, I know a source for new VT series terminals.
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic