22869Re: [midatlanticretro] terminal 10

  • Matt Patoray
    Sep 30, 2011
      If Evan decides to still go the serial terminal route on this server, I do have one of those large ISA cards that supports up to 8 terminals, if interested I'll see if it has the "octopus" breakout cable.

      Matt

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Sep 30, 2011, at 9:21 AM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      At 09:13 AM 9/30/2011, you wrote:
      > communications. It works now, all you have to do is get an
      > ethernet switch, cat5 cables. Then each PC
      >
      >I'm of two minds about this. Using PCs for the info kiosks is easy.
      >But it would be great if we can use vintage terminals.

      I agree...a terminal system would be ideal, but we can make the web
      site look and act like a terminal. The computers/keyboards
      especially need to be disposable, as the public will be using
      them. From a support standpoint all one would have to do is turn on
      the server and the PC to activate.

      That said if you're keen on supporting a real terminal network it has
      to be something that can be supported by the "local" MARCH team -
      Evan, Jeff, Jeff, Jeff - right?