228Re: [midatlanticretro] Paging Rich Cini - bringing your IMSAI?

  • Richard A. Cini, Jr.
    Apr 9, 2005

      My first computer when I was young was a Commodore (then a Mac, then a PC)
      so direct experience with the S100's is limited. I have a complete, working
      (last time I used) Northstar Horizon system that I tried to restore but I
      wound up sending it to a friend in Rochester for him to fix. Good thing,
      too. There were so many problems with it it would have taken me months to
      swat them down. The guy I got it from made some modifications to it that
      were not documented and generally prevented it from working properly. Plus,
      for whatever reason, he didn't send me a working memory card. It was a trip
      getting it working.

      >From: billdeg@...
      >To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Paging Rich Cini - bringing your IMSAI?
      >Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 08:17:01 EDT
      >In that case let me know if I can be of service. I have
      >disassembled/re-assembled the IMSAI when I did my initial review of the
      >unit, tested it,
      >re-soldered the obvious problem spots, took notes etc. about what I needed
      >to do to get
      >it up and running. I also have all of the documentation that came with it.
      >Other things have been higher on my list and I have not yet really done
      >to restore the computer beyond basic operation. If anything we can compare
      >causes and effects. The best way to fix one unit is to compare with
      >working one (which I hope you have). I was planning to resume testing
      >after the
      >TCF because I found another Metropolis drive on Ebay to work with.
      >Do you have a lot of experience with S-100's? I myself have a lot to
      >This is the PC/micro hardware format I know the least about.
      >In a message dated 4/9/2005 7:56:36 AM Eastern Standard Time, rcini@...
      > > Bill:
      > >
      > > The "tentative" is for several reasons, but primarily machine issues
      > > don't have the space to keep them out and operational all the time.
      > > top it off, my sister called yesterday and wants to do a party for my
      > > father's birthday that Saturday.
      > >
      > > Regarding the IMSAI, I actually haven't received the IMSAI itself
      > > It's coming to me in pieces and the IMSAI and drives should be here in
      > > next few days if the person shipped them on the date he said he was
      > > trying to confirm this). It's supposedly operational, however.
      > >
      > > More to come...
      > >
      > > Rich
      >Yahoo! Groups Links
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic