227Re: [midatlanticretro] Paging Rich Cini - bringing your IMSAI?

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Apr 9, 2005
      Rich,

      In that case let me know if I can be of service. I have
      disassembled/re-assembled the IMSAI when I did my initial review of the unit, tested it,
      re-soldered the obvious problem spots, took notes etc. about what I needed to do to get
      it up and running. I also have all of the documentation that came with it.
      Other things have been higher on my list and I have not yet really done much
      to restore the computer beyond basic operation. If anything we can compare
      causes and effects. The best way to fix one unit is to compare with another
      working one (which I hope you have). I was planning to resume testing after the
      TCF because I found another Metropolis drive on Ebay to work with.

      Do you have a lot of experience with S-100's? I myself have a lot to learn.
      This is the PC/micro hardware format I know the least about.

      Bill

      In a message dated 4/9/2005 7:56:36 AM Eastern Standard Time, rcini@...
      writes:

      > Bill:
      >
      > The "tentative" is for several reasons, but primarily machine issues as
      > don't have the space to keep them out and operational all the time. And,
      > top it off, my sister called yesterday and wants to do a party for my
      > father's birthday that Saturday.
      >
      > Regarding the IMSAI, I actually haven't received the IMSAI itself yet.
      > It's coming to me in pieces and the IMSAI and drives should be here in the
      > next few days if the person shipped them on the date he said he was (I'm
      > trying to confirm this). It's supposedly operational, however.
      >
      > More to come...
      >
      > Rich
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic