2264Re: [midatlanticretro] floppy tape drives available

  • Degnan
    Feb 2, 2006
      There were drives that had the same protocols as a floppy but were
      tapes. I have two or three of various ilks with documentation.
      This was a way to have a 5/7.5 MB "floppy" for backups, etc. Tallgrass
      was one of the early ones.
      Bill

      At Thursday, 2 February 2006, you wrote:

      >what the h is a floppy tape drive? I have an old
      >Colorado unit in my ATjr...it don't flop at all
      >though.
      >
      >--- Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:
      >
      >> I have a box full. Don't know which work, or which
      >> don't. Some Colorado,
      >> Exabyte, Connor, HP, others. 6 in all.
      >>
      >> Free, just cover shipping from 07461 (Wantage, NJ)
      >> if anyone has a need for
      >> them.
      >>
      >> Kelly

      -- E N D --