22555Re: Heathkit Getting Back In The Kit Business

  • s100doctor
    Sep 1, 2011
      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "RonK" <rkushnier@...> wrote:

      I wrote:
      > "Point of fact: The entire Hero product line and name was sold at one point to a collector. Last I heard, he was still supporting Hero robots. I note on "heathkit.com" they call "their" robot "HE_RObot" presumably to avoid conflict with the sold trademark "HERO"."
      >
      > You too can buy an up-to-date HERO One for around $8000 according to this site> http://www.robotshop.com/white-box-robotics-en.html
      >
      > Ron

      Ron, I don't see reference to the Heathkit "Hero" on the RobotShop Site Web page. They are no doubt "up to date" and look like the Heathkit HERO. I won't split hairs past that.

      ...but I was talking about the actual, original Hero product line. A Google search leads to the following:

      http://www.robotsandcomputers.com/robots/hero.htm

      confirms my post: the Hero product and name were sold to "Mobile Ed Productions", then apparently resold to Robert Doerr of RobotsWanted.com. But the home page there is 4 years old - I've sent an email to ask for an update.

      Herb Johnson
      retrotechnology.com
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic