2239Re: [midatlanticretro] Bill D Pics

    Feb 1, 2006
      We are talking USA here, there were different names for same B Series
      Commodore machines in Europe.
      The BX256 was never released, but yes it would have run current DOS and
      CP/M86 if it had been released in 1982 or 3. Note that only the hi profile
      B series systems had 256K, and none were sold with an 8088
      co-processor. Technically the model would have been called CBM-256-80BX

      Any B series system with an 8088 coprocessor is a "BX" model.

      There were Commodore labs prototypes 8088 co-processors and some of these
      have escaped the junk heap.

      If you're interested in this topic, my VCF exhibit will be a
      highlight. hint hint.

      Bill