2233This is cool!
- Feb 1, 2006So far there are seven registered VCF East 3.0 exhibitors representing an
impressive range of interests:
1. The Atari Museum / Curt Vendel
2. Ohio Scientific / Single Board Computers (Bill Sudbrink)
3. Commodore B Series Computer Lab (Bill Degnan)
4. PDP-8 (David Gesswein)
5. PDP-8/e (Jeffrey Katz)
6. Briel Computers (Vince Briel -- he's the Apple 1 Replica guy)
7. Early laptops / luggables (me: Evan Koblentz)
Couple of notes:
1. I'll need to borrow some examples of "luggables" from MARCH folks. Would
be great to have early examples from Compaq, IBM, Kaypro, and Osborne. (I
already have the necessary laptops.)
2. Rumor has it that Vince Briel will be announcing something new and cool
at our show! Shhh, don't tell anyone. ;)
I'm calling out the rest of you slackers! :) Andy M., Kelly, Jim O.,
Scott A., Chris M., Sridhar, Jim S., Rich C., Frank O., Bill P., and others
that I'm forgetting right now -- it is time for you guys to all sign up at
http://www.vintage.org/2006/east/exhibit.php -- even if your exhibit is only
1/10th of the way planned, go ahead and sign up anyway. The more people who
sign up early, the more appealing VCF will be to non-MARCHian exhibitors,
attendees, and the media.
Frank in particular -- I know your Apollo exhibit is always basically
ready-to-go -- but please sign up anyway. Just a formality. Thanks!
Also, everyone should remember that ALL exhibitors, including myself, will
PAY for their exhibit space. The price will be something reasonable (I
promise) and of course it all goes to best of causes -- MARCH and InfoAge.
(MARCH will donate a percentage of our VCF proceeds to InfoAge.)
Evan Koblentz's personal homepage: http://www.snarc.net
Computer Collector Newsletter:
- Next post in topic >>