22232Re: Looking for a C-64 Disk Drive, and a TRS-80 Model II/4/4P

  • Ed
    Aug 1, 2011
      One of my Model IV(s) has a display adapter issue--from the conversation here and on the TRS-80 group, I'm now pursuing replacing all of the electrolytic capacitors to see if that helps. My biggest concern was getting past discharging the anode of the tube. I followed the procedure but never heard a zap. I waited several days and tried again and no zap. I eventually got enough courage to remove the anode connector, now I have the board out and I have to start getting the parts I need to fix it.

      On another note, I've found a board that I can use (theoretically) to take the TTL level video signals the Model IV generates and convert them to composite video--I have not tried it yet. I need to order the board and try it out. I'm trying to find an LCD display (that has composite input) that will fit where the tube goes. I may have to get some custom fabrication done to hold the LCD in the right place. But as an upgraded retro computer it could double as a TV and a vintage computer with the right thing installed.

      Regarding your disks, Ira Goldkland will duplicate them at no charge. http://www.trs-80.com

      Ed

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Al Hartman <alhartman6@...> wrote:

      > I would need to know when and where to drive to pick anything up, and what
      > payment or donation would be required.
      >
      > Does anyone know what might be wrong with the Model III Computers?
      >
      > Replacing RAM or Capacitors or Disk Drives I can do. More involved trouble
      > shooting is beyond me.
      >
      > I have a trove of old TRS-80 Software I'd like to test and duplicate before
      > the disks become unreadable.
      >
      > Al Hartman

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic