22200Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Vintage Computer Museum in Mountain View CA

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Jul 29, 2011
      Dave McGuire <Mcguire@...> writes:

      >On 7/29/11 11:18 AM, system@... wrote: >> History
      >Museum, not Vintage Computer> Museum. Like an old computer, my >>
      >memory sometimes drops a bit or> two! :) - Bob >> >> Where's your
      >ECC interrupt, man?! > > It must be there as he's already acknowledged
      >the error.
      >
      > Ahh but it was detected, not immediately corrected...must be parity!
      >;)

      Sometimes, as I would hope you'd know, ECC can't correct the error. Thus,
      his memory must have a very limited hamming distance. :)

      > (Jeeze I feel geeky now. I'm sitting in a hotel in Georgia with a
      >broken-down rental truck awaiting a replacement. Thank heaven for good
      >connectivity at least!)

      Not a place where I'd want to have a breakdown.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic