2213re:Lisa landfill

  • Chris M
    Jan 26, 2006
      regardless, how would you go about pinpointing just
      where they were buried (were they likely buried?).
      That place likely takes up hundreds of acres, if not
      thousands. What else groovy was landfilled? Was it
      just Atari carts? What about puters?
      --- casting@yahoogroups.com <lathe9x20@...>
      wrote:
      > Hello, Mike
      >
      > Brass can be blackened chemically, and aluminum can
      be anodized black.
      > Check Caswell Plating http://www.caswellplating.com
      for supplies for
      > the AL. There are pictures of black gun parts
      there. Don't even try
      > to use the "instant blue for aluminum" from the gun
      dept of WalMart.

      http://www.sculptnouveau.com/, or the science
      http://www.coscosci.com/patinas/index.htm.

      > If it were me, I'd look very seriously at paints
      applied with an

      wrote:

      > > I am using brass and aluminum to fabricate scale
      models. I need to
      > > blacken the metals rather than paint them. I know
      there was a liquid
      > > by the name of Ebonol or Ebanol, it seems no
      longer available. I have
      > > checked on a substitute made by JAX (Supplied in
      the Grobet USA
      > > catalog) but Can$90.00 per gal it is rather
      expensive. Is there a way
      > > to achieve a really soft black finish without the
      use of expensive
      > > chemicals? The models in question will have some
      soft soldered joins
      > > so it won't be safe to apply any amount of heat.
      > >
      > > Mike

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic