      From: Chris McKinley [mailto:chrism3667@...]
      Sent: Friday, April 08, 2005 9:30 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] TRS 80 Model I - Success

      congrats Bill...now maybe you can help me with my
      model 2000 (actually I think the p/s only needs a
      resistor replaced). Theres enough people interested in
      owning the last computer to carry the TRS-80 moniker,
      judging by what Ive seen them go for on Ebay, but not
      much of a basis for discussion. Hence the derth of
      activity in the group I created for it -
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tandy2000/ - and other
      semi-compatibles. Am I the only one that finds these
      things unique and interesting?
      --- billdeg@... <billdeg@...> wrote:

      > Just thought I would announce the
      successful
      restoration of a complete
      > TRS 80 Model I (level II 16K),
      Expansion Interface,
      and dual Percom
      > Disk Drives.  In total it
      runs on 48K.  After this
      post I am going to
      > put up some screen
      shots as proof of the
      restoration.

      vintagecomputer.net/tandy/trs80_1/

      > I had been working on this
      project off and on for 2
      years.  Finding
      > working parts has been
      a challenge.  The final bit
      was to replace the
      > 1771 chip on the
      expansion unit (for operating the
      drives), and then
      > whammo we were
      in business. This is what it's all
      about (at least for
      > me).
      >
      > The game Elimiator (one of the screen shots) was the
      inspiration for
      > the arcade game Defender
      >
      > BD

      http://mail.yahoo.com