2202Re: [midatlanticretro] Lisa landfill

    Jan 26, 2006

      Well... if the soil is prefectly dry, then it might be possible. The machines
      might even be in good shape if they were not crushed.

      People are recovering amazing things. A few years ago a group of well-funded
      people dug a Lockeed P-38 (the airplane) out of a glacier on Greenland and,
      after a large infusion of cash, made it fly again. So recovering some Lisas
      from a landfill should be a piece of cake!

      > I remember reading that sometime in 1984 that Atari dumped several
      > million E.T. 2600 cartidges in a desert landfill. I was recently read an
      > article about a couple goys who went out and recovered several hundred
      > of these cartridges and were still able to get them to work. Now, I'va
      > also read that sometime in 1989, Apple dumped several thousand Lisa
      > computer systems in a desert landfill. Do you think it would be possible
      > to recover any of those in a similar fashion? Not that I'm interested in
      > going to Utah, but out of curiousity.
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic