21844Re: [midatlanticretro] Ferg Big Board

  • Bob Applegate
    Jul 6 6:38 AM
      > Please also confirm which one MARCH needs for the Xerox 820, and why
      > is this board also made for the Xerox. I have not done any research
      > about the relationship between the bigboard and the Xerox 820.

      They were the same design. I had a BB back in 1983 or so and have all the
      issues of Micro Cornucopia magazine, which was the BB user group journal.
      I forget if the 820 was the exact same board or not, but seem to remember
      it was a slightly different design or at least board layout.

      The BB was a really great machine... standard parts, clean design, lots of
      enhancements could be done, and the user community was extremely friendly.
      The publisher of MC had a Semi Official Get-together (SOG) each year at
      their house in Bend, OR. It was a long weekend of rafting, picnicing,
      technical discussions and board building for the BB users.

      Bob
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic