21580Re: Found some Core Memory

  • s100doctor
    Jun 2, 2011
      , Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:
      > I found some Core memory. It's from the same guy who has the mylar
      > papertape. He gave me 2 core memory cards. He mentioned that he remembers
      > this coming from an IBM system. The really cool thing about this is that it
      > assembled in a way where it folds up. I have some pics here. I'm hoping to
      > find out what system this is from.

      The brand name on the core board is "Fabri-Tec". They manufactured cord planes for a number of memory board manufacturers. YOu've got the cores but not the drivers and receivers. This board would plug into a card set with those electronics.

      I suggest you note the model number and look at all the "core memory board" pictures you can until you find a match for that model number. Then you'll have an idea of what "drove" these core planes.

      I don't advise trying to build analog core memory read/write electronics. Ask me privately about it if you want, I think a better "deal" would be to trade it for a complete core memory board set.

      Herb Johnson
    • Show all 12 messages in this topic