21575Re: [midatlanticretro] 1985 - 1995 era computing event - the "post-vintage computer festival 1.0"

    Jun 2, 2011
      I regret to admit that whenever I spoke with Justin we talked about
      money or the refreshment "stand" and never got around to his exhibit. My
      fault. This leads me to another deficiency: the lack of a network at
      VCF. Even without Internet access, a functioning network could add
      another dimension to some exhibits.

      I also never took time to go over to see the progress in the H-building
      area.

      Jim

      On 6/2/2011 1:52 PM, B. Degnan wrote:

      > > A functioning BBS at VCF would be a ton of fun. It would be awesome if
      > > there were telephone line simulators so people could connect their own
      > > machines! Again mid-80's to early 90's technology. One modern PC could
      > > host several BBS's running in VMs and accessed by telnet.
      > >

      > What about Justin's exhibit?

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic