21567Re: [midatlanticretro] Found some Core Memory

    Jun 2, 2011
      Would not DEC or Nova core be most compatible to what you're doing? ...but for that matter wouldn't be best at first to use a modern RAM so that you can have something reliable for testing of the system in general? Then later replace with a core memory ?

      Bd

      Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:

      I found some Core memory. It's from the same guy who has the mylar papertape. He gave me 2 core memory cards. He mentioned that he remembers this coming from an IBM system. The really cool thing about this is that it assembled in a way where it folds up. I have some pics here. I'm hoping to find out what system this is from. I'm hoping somebody might know from looking at the pics. I also have closeup pics of the board, serial, and part numbers too. Then maybe I can find a manual for this. With some luck and some hacking, I can then wire an interface to this for my homebrew PDP-8.

      http://www.flickr.com/photos/ragooman/5788472143/in/photostream
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/ragooman/5788471265/in/photostream
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/ragooman/5789025174/in/photostream
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/ragooman/5788469637/in/photostream
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/ragooman/5788469117/in/photostream
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/ragooman/5789023250/in/photostream

      He mentioned that they often used a ASR-35 teletype to punch on this.
      mylar papertape
      http://www.flickr.com/photos/ragooman/5788467889/in/photostream

      =Dan

    • Show all 12 messages in this topic