21561Re: [midatlanticretro] 1985 - 1995 era computing event - the "post-vintage computer festival 1.0"

  • Dan Roganti
    Jun 1, 2011

      On Jun 1, 2011 1:21 PM, "B Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:
      > Not in the same exhibit space.  a separate post 85 to pre-Pentium room, with armed guards at the doors to keep them from intimidating the 8-bits.

      That might work. There's more room at Infoage now.
      And you can get some kids from dressed in red neon TRON guard outfits standing at the doorway ~haaa
      Don't forget TRON Girl too :)

      > Seriously, I would not want everything just mixed together, not sure if it's my need for a sense of order or what.  I'd envision a separate post vintage computer festival held someplace...hmmmm.....I like that term "post-vintage computer" festival.  Or maybe post-modern computers.

      A separate event  might be be hard to get enough visitors. But it could actually increase the attendance for VCF East.  I think a tip from the gaming shows would be wise to follow. They include just about every generation of gaming, both home and arcade. And they get hundreds n hundreas of people attending. Why create aseparate event when you don't have too.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic