2118RE: [midatlanticretro] Hobbyist DECnet Network - Update

  • Evan
    Jan 21, 2006
      >>> I would really like to see several terminals running in our museum for visitors to view interactive information about the exhibits and the collection. This information would come from a small VAX or something suitably vintage. It would be nice if this could demonstrate DECnet and other technology of the time.
      Fred gave me permission to solicit the donation of Internet access on InfoAge's behalf.  So I'll contact the local cable and DSL providers.  It would be great to get some broadband in there, hook up a WiFi router, and then go crazy with DECnet!  No porn or file trading allowed.  :)

      Better yet, a while ago I spoke with Hans Franke (who many of you know from the cctalk list); Hans runs VCF Europa every May out in Munich, Germany ... for 2007 we talked about doing our VCFs simultaneously and establishing some of kind of intercontinental show link!  We could webcast the lectures, put cams in the exhibit halls, have kiosks where attendees can chat with each other, etc. ... how could would that be!!??