21092Re: [midatlanticretro] Speech synthesis on the S100

  • Systems Glitch
    May 3 5:10 PM
      I've got some of the speech synth chips used with the Speak n Spell et al (they were also used in an IBM 8-bit ISA voice synth card...of which I was given probably 15-20 by the local school board when in middle school). That might be an interesting use for them!

      I've got one of the N8VEM S-100 boards, but only have plans to populate the serial and parallel I/O controllers. Planning on using the 8530 in my 8085 SBC, and I'll be using the 8255 in an upcoming Apple II related project...

      Jonathan

      On Tue, 03 May 2011 19:58:36 -0400
      Richard Cini <rich.cini@...> wrote:

      > All --
      >
      > The thread from Bill on the Dazzler and his Digitalker board got me
      > thinking a bit. Has anyone hacked together a decent speech solution? I know
      > that S100Computers has a multi-I/O+speech board using the V-Speech chip, but
      > the speech chip is expensive ($75). I bought two SpeakJet chips from Spark
      > Fun Electronics (the synthesizer and the TTS chip) for about $20 but I
      > haven¹t done anything with them yet. I also have some GI chips and a
      > Digitalker chipset ³in stock².
      >
      > Ahhh, the next project...
      >
      > Rich
      >
      > --