20607Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH & 501c3

  • Dan Roganti
    Apr 1, 2011

      While MARCH is *really* pursing 501.(c)3 status,
      That leagalize was alittle convincing,after all real things do happen on this day.
      Justin you went really far pulling off this one :)
      You really pulled my leg

      ~{sent *[from ±my] ^Android}

      On Apr 1, 2011 9:22 AM, "Timothy J Fagan" <timstergm@...> wrote:

      > Does anyone bother looking at the date when they read emails such as these? :-)
      >
      > --Timster--
      >
      > Sent from my iPhone
      >
      > On Apr 1, 2011, at 9:11 AM, Dan Roganti <ragooman@...> wrote:
      >

      >> On Fri, Apr 1, 2011 at 9:03 AM, Justin Jernigan <jaj@...> wrote:
      >>>
      >>> I have been working behind the scenes with an attorney to help MARCH achieve 501(c)3 status, and it appears the IRS has approved our designation effective 1/1/2012. I met with IRS representatives in Trenton, NJ, yesterday afternoon to confirm our final application and to pay our filing fee. One item that had to be corrected was based on condition of IRS ruling 501c3 which stipulates that the status must be awarded within 27 months of incorporation. Our incorporation status exceeded that timeframe, therefore I had to file for a new shell corporation under the name Mid-Atlantic Retro Computer Hoarders, Inc. The timeframe to file for the shell corporation was short and I wanted to stay with the MARCH acronymn, and besides the description is somewhat accurate, right?
      >>>

      >> hmmm, maybe Hobbyister ;)
      >> just thinking out loud here,
      >> Would the shell corp present a problem when the donations start coming in and the person's tax deduction paperwork shows this new name instead ?
      >> Maybe it might make someone leary about donating in the future - who knows.
      >> Is it possible to transfer it back to the original name ?
      >> Hopefully it doesn't create more tax paperwork headaches in the future.
      >>
      >> =Dan

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic