20532Re: [midatlanticretro] IBM 360 and older computers - any still running?

  • Dan Roganti
    Mar 29 6:27 AM
      On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 6:42 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
      >>> MARCH's Univac is a model 1219-II, which is not exactly the same thing as the original 1219, though it has the same form factor and design.  MARCHs UNIVAC 1219-II is a contemporary of MARCHs PDP 8, both I'd estimate dating 1965  and 1967 respectively.

      >>> I would think some insurance company in Manhattan or Philadelphia would have an IBM 360 in their corporate headquarters basement, or at least I would hope one surfaces.

      GE 225 controls fuel system at one of the major NY airports. I forget the details; it's been several months since I corresponded with the admin. Will follow up this week.

      I wouldn't mind camping out at Infoage for a month during the summer to fix stuff like this - I mentioned this once last time. But I can fix anything if I didn't have to worry about working a day job - and with the right parts  - plus I have my own test equip and tools :)  I just have to figure out how to pay my bills then, these days it's hard to save up for things like this.

    • Show all 23 messages in this topic