20524Re: [midatlanticretro] IBM 360 and older computers - any still running?

    Mar 28, 2011
      > It is possible then, that if we can get the UNIVAC running, assuming the Mark I is not functional, that we'd have at MARCH the oldest working computer. If we could just get the main 1219 running, it'd count, yes?

      CHM has a working DEC PDP-1 from 1960.

      Very special memory: when they opened the exhibit during VCF West a few
      years ago and let us all play SpaceWar on it vs. Steve Russell and Peter

      So, I can honestly say that I've personally * used * a mainframe older
      than our UNIVAC, even though I wasn't born until 1974. :)
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic