20523Re: [midatlanticretro] IBM 360 and older computers - any still running?

    Mar 28, 2011
      >> It is possible then, that if we can get the UNIVAC running, assuming the Mark I is not functional, that we'd have at MARCH the oldest working computer. If we could just get the main 1219 running, it'd count, yes?
      > From my web search I got that the 1219 was introduced in 1964. Is that date wrong since the discussion seems to be looking for 50's machines?

      No, it's correct. I too was confused by Bill's statement, because the
      cctalk replies already showed that older machines are running in
      Germany, as Bill announced. Frankly, our 1219-B wouldn't even be close
      to that title.

      If had been able to rescue Claude's B-205 ......
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic