2037Re: [midatlanticretro] (was) New Aquisition! - (now) XENIX: Don't format yet!

  • Joe Giliberti
    Jan 5, 2006
      Jim Scheef wrote:

      >Joe,
      >
      >With all the poking around you've been doing the disk error could just mean a
      >loose cable. How much RAM does it have? It probably doesn't have enough to
      >load the Knoppix kernel - never mind X and Gnome.
      >
      >I just typed 'boot disk xenix' into Yahoo search and found a reference to
      >http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec1downloadboot.html which is a list of
      >FTPable boot disk images. There is a listing for Xenix 2.3.2 386 MCA 3.5"
      >(ESDI)which is probably exactly what you need.
      >
      >Unfortunately the links are to Caldera and now you get caught up in the SCO
      >UNIX mess as it appears the files are no longer available from Caldera. This
      >is a start to what is probably a long quest.
      >
      >Anyway, keep posting your progress.
      >
      >Jim

      It has 4096k with a RAM expansion board. Knoppix probably wouldn't work.
      I am going to continue to tinker over the weekend. In the meantime, I
      can play around with old line BASIC that is in the ROM.
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic