2031Re: [midatlanticretro] (was) New Aquisition! - (now) XENIX: Don't format yet!

  • William Pechter
    Jan 5, 2006
      Is there an external scsi connector on the backpanel?

      Joe Giliberti <starbase89@...> wrote:
      William Pechter wrote:

      > There's a possible way out... You can boot a linux system on the box
      > and mount the Xenix filesystem and vi out the root password to get
      > access...

      > Does the machine have a SCSI or IDE CD drive and can it boot Knoppix
      > from either a CD or Floppy...

      > It possibly could be done over a network boot but that's a bit more
      > difficult.

      > I've done it at work with SCO OpenDesktop which is kind of Xenix's
      > grandson...

      > Bill
      It has no way of connecting a CD ROM drive. There is an old token ring
      card in there, but all it has is a DB-9 out. Plus, I am now getting a
      10490 error on startup. I looked it up, and it indicates "ESDI Fixed
      Disk 0 error". Joy. I'll try USENET.

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic