      From: Jim Scheef
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: 1/5/2006 10:51 AM
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] (was) New Aquisition! - (now) XENIX: Don't
      format yet!

      Joe,

      With all the poking around you've been doing the disk error could just
      mean a
      loose cable. How much RAM does it have? It probably doesn't have enough
      load the Knoppix kernel - never mind X and Gnome.

      I just typed 'boot disk xenix' into Yahoo search and found a reference
      http://aplawrence.com/SCOFAQ/FAQ_scotec1downloadboot.html which is a
      list of
      FTPable boot disk images. There is a listing for Xenix 2.3.2 386 MCA
      3.5"
      (ESDI)which is probably exactly what you need.

      Unfortunately the links are to Caldera and now you get caught up in the
      SCO
      UNIX mess as it appears the files are no longer available from Caldera.
      This
      is a start to what is probably a long quest.

      Anyway, keep posting your progress.