2027RE: [midatlanticretro] Off topic?

  • Evan
    Jan 4, 2006
      Great, let's install a battle ring in our museum for the vintage robots to fight.   :)

      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Joe Giliberti
      Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2006 8:17 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Off topic?

      Bob Grieb wrote:

      >Hi Evan,
      Just thought I would mention that I got the Hero robot
      >working a while
      ago.  New batteries, a bunch of re-soldering,
      >etc.  I think all
      of the fcns are working.  Not sure what to do with it
      >next.  I
      could maybe try to make some sort of demo that would be
      >amusing at TCF or
      something.  Not sure what is appropriate.  It has an
      >"auto-mode" ROM, which causes it to just wander around a room,
      >objects and saying funny things.
      >That would require a lot
      more space than last year's TCF room,
      >and the batteries probably would
      only last 1-2 hrs.  I was thinking of
      >something using the robot arm
      and the speech.
      >   Bob Grieb

      I've got something similar. Its an Omnibot 2000, and old Tomy from '85.
      One of the arms is missing, but the motorized arm is still intact. This
      is one of the kinds that uses an audiotape to execute a program of
      movement. It even has a tray which it can use to serve drinks. I'd have
      to get a new sealed lead acid battery for the thing, but I could get it
      running if it could make things more interesting.
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic