20126Re: [midatlanticretro] Speaking of building stuff ...

    Mar 1 7:14 AM
      >>> My kids are baffled by that
      concept.

      Another example: I'm always trying to explain to our young visitors how terminals differ from keyboards and monitors. Consider the SWTPc 6800: there's a box (the computer), a standalone screen, and a large-ish thing with a keyboard. Best I could come up with is to explain that keyboards and monitors are just accessories that plug into PCs, while terminals are separate products that "talk" to a computer over a network. Seems like a decent way to explain this to the masses, technical details aside, right?
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic