20118Mark-8

    Mar 1 5:50 AM
      >>> Have you guys ever considered reconstructing a computer like the Mark-8?

      Considered? Yes, daily! Getting the parts would be difficult. We do have a replica Mark-8 front panel thanks to Titus himself, and he would help us with any questions.

      Perhaps that's an idea for VCF East 8.0 in 2012, as MARCH's final pre-apocalypse project. :)

      We'd have a year to gather the parts and plan the assembly .... then we could assign people like Bill Deg. and Dan to start Saturday morning and see if they can build it by Sunday end-of-show!

      (No way would we "give" that project to some other group. It's too core to our heritage to let others have the fun and the credit!)
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic