2009Re: [midatlanticretro] New Aquisition!

  • Joe Giliberti
    Feb 2 6:11 PM
      B. Degnan wrote:

      >The model 80 is a 386. There are many iterations of the ps/2 80. Even if
      >"they" don't consider it vintage now, it will be considered vintage by
      >"them" someday.
      >
      >Bill D
      >
      >At 08:36 PM 1/2/2006 -0500, you wrote:
      >

      >>On 2/2/06, Joe Giliberti <starbase89@...> wrote:
      >>

      >>>The other night, I bid on a lot of 8 mixed computers on eBay. I won at a
      >>>price of $1.76.
      >>>

      >>Congratulations.
      >>

      >>>The other is an older Macintosh. A Preforma 575. It has a built in
      >>>

      >>monitor and a
      >>

      >>>CD-ROM drive, but I'm not sure if it would be considered vintage. It is
      >>>not PowerPC era. I'm guessing from "575" that is is running at 75MHz,
      >>>but that may not be the case.
      >>>

      >>Performa 575, introduced 1994, 33Mhz 68LC040:
      >>http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/mac_performa/stats/mac_performa_575.html
      >>Looks like a fun box:
      >>http://lowendmac.com/macinschool/2k0207.html
      >>
      >>Cheers,
      >>Andy

      The IBM is running, barely. Its running XENIX. Since I know very few
      Unix commands, I am going to try and format the hard drive and install
      MS-DOS.From the looks of things, I think it may have been a host to
      several terminals. Like I said, there is a breakout box coming out of an
      MCA card on the back. The box has eight female DB-25 ports on it, and
      the word "Computone" is on the bottom of the box.
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic