      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jim Scheef
      Sent: Monday, January 02, 2006 10:55 AM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Looking for things to do with SIMMs

      Kelly,

      Early Pentiums that use 72-pin SIMMs make excellent routers - just add two
      or
      three NICs stir in M0n0wall, bake for 15 minutes and you have a very
      flexible
      router. If one of the NICs is a Wi-Fi card, you have a really cool wireless
      router with features seen only in commercial-grade Wi-Fi equipment.

      I think we already discussed my "need" for a set or two of 4M 30-pin SIMMs
      (4
      or 8 sticks) for my 486 machine.

      If you can find a nice set of 32M 72-pin SIMMs, they might work well to
      build
      a NetBEUI to TCP/IP bridge using NT as the OS. I have some vague idea that
      this could be useful for the museum.

      Jim