1999Re: [midatlanticretro] Looking for things to do with SIMMs

    Jan 2, 2006
      Kelly,

      Early Pentiums that use 72-pin SIMMs make excellent routers - just add two or
      three NICs stir in M0n0wall, bake for 15 minutes and you have a very flexible
      router. If one of the NICs is a Wi-Fi card, you have a really cool wireless
      router with features seen only in commercial-grade Wi-Fi equipment.

      I think we already discussed my "need" for a set or two of 4M 30-pin SIMMs (4
      or 8 sticks) for my 486 machine.

      If you can find a nice set of 32M 72-pin SIMMs, they might work well to build
      a NetBEUI to TCP/IP bridge using NT as the OS. I have some vague idea that
      this could be useful for the museum.

      Jim

      --- Kelly Leavitt <kelly@...> wrote:

      > OK, I have several hundred various SIMM sticks. One half would be 1 meg
      > 30 pin stuff. The rest is 72pin stock of varying sizes up to 32 meg.
      >
      > Any suggestions for a project to use these up? Anyone need any?
      >
      > This is just taking up more space than I'd rather reserve for old
      > memory.
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Kelly

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic