19821Re: [midatlanticretro] Help @ museum this Sunday mid-day

  • Bruce Freeman
    Feb 5, 2011
      I'm not following how tarps will protect from humidity.  Will you be using dehumidifiers or dehumidifying agents beneath them?

      Harbor Freight has tarps, sometimes at good prices.   There's a vendor at Collingswood Flea Market who sells tarps, but I'm not sure whether he's there in this weather.

      Watch out that some vinyl plastic has plasticizers that can affect paint.  I don't know whether this is true for tarps.

      On Fri, Feb 4, 2011 at 11:48 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      > 3. Tomorrow I'm going shopping for tarps. We should cover more stuff from dust and humidity.

      Why do I * always * forget some detail!?

      Instead of official "tarps" I might go for dropcloths and/or plastic
      sheeting. That's much less expensive, so we can get more of it.

      Also I'm going to ask Fred if we can tack some to the ceiling beams /
      walls. That should help keep things slightly cleaner.

      --
      Bruce
      NJ