19761Re: [midatlanticretro] Special events @ VCF

  • David Gesswein
    Jan 29, 2011
      On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 08:51:00AM -0500, Mike Loewen wrote:

      > > Need someone to volunteer to do that + all the technical logistics. I
      > > recall Mike L. saying our 029 is very close to being ready. Whomever
      > > volunteers for this would really have to know how to care for + operate
      > > the machine.
      >
      > I wouldn't say "very close". When I left it, it would feed, register,
      > release and clear, but it doesn't yet punch. I can continue working on it
      > after I replace the broken arc suppression card, but don't count on it for
      > this year's VCF.

      If its not ready we can do something similar with the teletype and paper
      tape. We could let them type in a line of text and punch it in binary ascii
      and block letters. I had the block letter punching as one of the things
      I let people do with my exhibit in the past.
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic