19470Re: offering two (2) TRS-80 Model III computers

  • BobShuster
    Jan 5, 2011
      No bites at all on these machines, except one person who wanted me to ship them. I'll drop the requirement to help me with the hard drives - ultimately I just need to find a home for the Model IIIs. So... Two TRS-80 Model III computers available to a good home! See details below. Only condition is that you must come get them - if I was willing to pack and ship them I'd put them on eBay. I'm also going to post these to the Yahoo TRS-80 group, and if I get no responses in another week, they're going up on FreeCycle, then to a recycler.

      Don't let these end up in a landfill! - Bob

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "BobShuster" <bob@...> wrote:

      > I was given a souped-up Model IV, so I've decided I no longer want to store three of these monsters, and therefore my two Model IIIs have to go. Both have dual full-height drives and 48K, all keys, and in great physical shape. One of them works great (drives probably need alignment) and the other won't power up (probably the p/s). The drives and monitor work on the dead one - I tried them with the other Model III. I even have a Tandy cover for one of them.
      >
      > I'd like these to go to a good home, if not the museum, but in exchange I'd like some help setting up one or both of my 15MB hard drives with my Model IV. You'll have to come to my house for pick-up (and to help set up the hard drive(s). I'm five minutes from the Fort Washington exit of the PA Turnpike, just outside of Philadelphia near Chestnut Hill.
      >
      > Anyone interested please email me to make arrangements. I work at home, so my availability is pretty good.
      >
      > Happy Holidays! - Bob

    • Show all 18 messages in this topic