19451Re: [midatlanticretro] Can anyone read a CDC 9877 disk pack?

  • Dan Roganti
    Jan 3, 2011
      On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:14 PM, c f <christopher.h.fenton@...> wrote:

      On Mon, Jan 3, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      >>> We might acquire an Eclipse S/140 this week. Would that fit your needs?
      >> PS - I will know by Wednesday afternoon if we're getting it.
      > I remember seeing a CDC drive in the Hotel basement - it might very well be a 80Mb drive

      Oh? It must be one of the (many) items down there that I can't
      identify. What does it look like?

      http://decpicted.blogspot.com/2010/05/cdc-9762-disk-drive.html

      yep, thats the one in the basement - I just cant remember the model# - it could be a 40MB, but maybe you're lucky.

      I wonder how hard it would be to just build a controller for it? It can't be that complicated.

      It wasn't that hard, we built them using very simple bit-slice processors, and later with Z80's, when these were still popular. But it helps to have the manual :)

    • Show all 30 messages in this topic