19431Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF E 7 Exhibitor Details PRELIMINARY

  • Mr Ian Primus
    Jan 3, 2011
      --- On Mon, 1/3/11, Andrew Molloy <awmolloy@...> wrote:

      On Mon, Dec 27, 2010 at 11:02 PM, B Degnan <billdeg@...> wrote:

      > > There is a new award category - First to Smoke - First computer to
      > > go up in smoke or otherwise cook itself will win this prize.
      >
      > Poor Ian...was the Prime ever brought back to life?

      That particular machine-smoking was not my fault, nor was it the machine's fault, so I don't know if it would qualify under those rules - i.e., it didn't cook "itself". Now, if you were to add "miswired electrical socket" to the list, then, yeah.

      I was eventually able to repair it. One of the terminals was a total loss though.

      -Ian
    • Show all 21 messages in this topic