19107Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: OT: Angry Video Game Nerd in Clifton, NJ on December 4, 2010

  • Justin Jernigan
    Dec 5, 2010
      I second that, $60 for a tested/working 64 isn't a bad price purchased from a retail environment.  Not working they still fetch $20 on the chance the SID is working.  That isn't to say I would pay that price, but I am in the hobby.  If I were getting back into the hobby, or starting the hobby, I would likely perceive that as fair.

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Dec 5, 2010, at 9:03 AM, "Bill Degnan" <billdeg@...> wrote:

      > The store definitely seemed awesome, though. They had a ton of vintage
      games and computer software, including a whole section for the C64 and
      VIC-20. Slightly overpriced, though. They were charging $60 for a Commodore
      64 - ridiculous!

      I don't agree. Charge a price people are willing to pay. In a shop with
      hundreds of customers ? You could find someone willing to pay$ 100. Also
      a working c64 is not so easy to find. Does MARCH have more than 1 ?