19105Re: OT: Angry Video Game Nerd in Clifton, NJ on December 4, 2010

  • mattmik
    Dec 5, 2010
      I went! It was pretty cool. Very disorganized, though. I don't think Digital Press expected so many people to show up. I overheard one of the employees talking to his boss, and they both seemed shocked. I showed up around 2:50 and the Nerd was set to start signing at 3:00. The line was already one block long. At around 5:00, I finally got inside from the freezing cold, only to wait on another line. Finally, I got a picture and a signature from The Nerd and Mike Matei, who both seemed like pretty cool people. Ya gotta give them a ton of credit for having so much patience. When I left the store after getting the signature, the line of people waiting to get inside was four blocks long!

      The store definitely seemed awesome, though. They had a ton of vintage games and computer software, including a whole section for the C64 and VIC-20. Slightly overpriced, though. They were charging $60 for a Commodore 64 - ridiculous!

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "ysgdhio" <ysgdhio@...> wrote:
      > Did anyone go to this?
      > How was it?
    • Show all 13 messages in this topic