19095Re: [midatlanticretro] Lecture this morning

    Dec 1, 2010
      There's more coming soon: this Friday morning, InfoAge is being visited by 60 kids from Neptune H.S. -- they're taking a (very quick) tour of all the museums, followed by some breakout sessions.  I'll be there.

      That's great ! It's good to get the younger generation interested. Sounds like fun !

      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      From: evan@...
      Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 15:13:59 -0500
      Subject: [midatlanticretro] Lecture this morning

      Gave my lecture at Sussex County Tech H.S. this morning. It went really well. I focused on big-picture computer history, and then I explained how New Jersey fits in. There were around 100 kids and several teachers. The kids were well behaved and mostly paid attention. About a dozen of them asked good questions at the end. Overall it was a great experience. The teacher who arranged it was also pleased. When I walked back to my car I saw a couple of the students and they complimented me. Looking forward to doing more of these lectures in the future. I even got some laughs -- mostly by being a straight-shooter and respecting the kids' intelligence.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic