19072Lecture this morning

    Nov 30, 2010
      Gave my lecture at Sussex County Tech H.S. this morning. It went really
      well. I focused on big-picture computer history, and then I explained
      how New Jersey fits in. There were around 100 kids and several
      teachers. The kids were well behaved and mostly paid attention. About
      a dozen of them asked good questions at the end. Overall it was a great
      experience. The teacher who arranged it was also pleased. When I
      walked back to my car I saw a couple of the students and they
      complimented me. Looking forward to doing more of these lectures in the
      future. I even got some laughs -- mostly by being a straight-shooter
      and respecting the kids' intelligence.
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic