      From: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com [mailto:midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Christian R. Fandt
      Sent: Sunday, December 04, 2005 10:57 PM
      To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] What will you exhibit at VCF East 3.0 ?

      Did I miss something awhile back but has the age rule of thumb that
      determines on-topicness, to coin a phrase, been changed from 10 years to a
      15 year rule?

      Regards,  Chris F.

      Upon the date 10:11 PM 12/4/2005, Sridhar Ayengar said something like:
      > > I hate to bring this up, but... is 1992
      >It doesn't fit the 15-year rule yet (although it might
      if it actually
      >has a date of 1991), but the generation *just* before it
      is indeed a
      >machine which I have.  And it fits the 15-year
      rule.  It's virtually
      >identical to this machine in execution, but it
      weighs *much* more and
      >requires water cooling.  Also, the CPU's take
      close to 20kW.  It has a
      >lot more processing
      >Also, it would take a tractor-trailer to
      >The other option would be just to bring a full-size VAX,
      >definitely fits the 15-year rule.  It wouldn't be nearly as
      >an exhibit.
      >Yahoo! Groups

      Christian Fandt,    Electronic/Electrical Historian
      Jamestown, NY  USA      cfandt@...
               Member of Antique Wireless Association

    • Show all 59 messages in this topic