18898Re: [midatlanticretro] Dec Data Systems & ...? available for rescue

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Nov 8, 2010
      David Gesswein <djg@...> writes:

      >The left rack looks like a TU56 DECtape drive with TC11 controller. I think
      >MARCH was getting a donation of TU56 drives but I didn't hear of any
      >controller. If we aren't getting a controller this would be good
      >for MARCH if we want to set up a big PDP-11 system.

      I have a rack chock full of TU56 (DECtape) units as well as spares.
      Boxes of spare parts (motor caps, tapes, boards, etc.); engineering
      drawings, specs, and manuals; and several quniverters. All of this
      came from DEComHPaq's own computer museum data center in Marlborough
      Mass. which was recently divested by HP.

      >The right rack I would guess 2 disk drives of some more modern version
      >than I am familiar with. Who knows whats behind the blue panel.

      Who knows, I can't see it.
    • Show all 14 messages in this topic