18862Watts Humphrey passed away

    Nov 2 8:21 PM
      Most of you will remember Watts Humphrey.  He was a speaker at our VCF East 5.0, on the subject of Fieldata and the MOBIDIC, which were both designed at Camp Evans.

      Unfortunately he died a few days ago at age 83.  I happened to email him just three weeks ago, and he mentioned having liver cancer.  But he seemed very pleased that folks like us care about his legacy.  I mentioned that I am trying to nominate the entire Fieldata team for inclusion in next year's InfoAge Wall of Honor ceremony; Watts said, "I would love to participate" if he were able.

      Here are some obituaries:
      Press release -- http://tinyurl.com/2fwdu27
      Carnegie Mellon -- http://www.sei.cmu.edu/watts/
      SD Times -- http://tinyurl.com/243shql