18843Re: [midatlanticretro] WTD-serial terminal

  • Gene Buckle
    Nov 2, 2010
      On Mon, 1 Nov 2010, Richard Cini wrote:

      > Gene --
      >
      > Actually I looked into it after I saw this email. It¹s a great item but
      > unless ³packaged² correctly, it looses something in the look and feel area.
      > I guess with the right keyboard (like an IBM ³clicky² keyboard) and a custom
      > case (like the MAME arcade kind of thing, but desktop), it could result in a
      > good reproduction. The second serial port is a bonus, as you can use that
      > (hopefully) as a paper tape input.

      It almost begs a nice wooden enclosure that would replace the Model M
      keyboard case as well as provide a housing for the PCB and maybe a 14"
      LCD. :)

      > I¹d be interested in seeing how true the VT100 emulation is.
      >
      > The cost is right, though -- $60 ? which makes it a no-brainer.

      I'm lusting after the Mini-Altair kit myself. :)

      g.

      --
      Proud owner of F-15C 80-0007

      by the clean end.