18842Re: [midatlanticretro] WTD-serial terminal

  • system@great-escape.tmesis.com
    Nov 1, 2010
      Richard Cini <rich.cini@...> writes:

      > I=B9d be interested in seeing how true the VT100 emulation is.
      >
      > The cost is right, though -- $60 =8B which makes it a no-brainer.

      I purchased one and then I looked at some of the firmware source files.

      FWIW, the links on the Briel site are bad. It shows the proper URL but
      the actual link is wrong; so, if you want the documentation PDFs or the
      ZIPped firmware, copy the link text shown and paste it in your browser's
      URL window.

      The firmware shows that is only supports a handful of VT100 escapes. I
      would even consider this a contender for a wanna-be VT100 emulation. I
      done much work in VMS terminal driver, so I am rather intimate with all
      of the VT escapes. I may try to augment this once I get mine _IF_ I can
      find a way to program it that doesn't require WEENDOZE.
    • Show all 27 messages in this topic