18841Re: [midatlanticretro] WTD-serial terminal

  • Richard Cini
    Nov 1, 2010
      Re: [midatlanticretro] WTD-serial terminal Gene --

          Actually I looked into it after I saw this email. It’s a great item but unless “packaged” correctly, it looses something in the look and feel area. I guess with the right keyboard (like an IBM “clicky” keyboard) and a custom case (like the MAME arcade kind of thing, but desktop), it could result in a good reproduction. The second serial port is a bonus, as you can use that (hopefully) as a paper tape input.

          I’d be interested in seeing how true the VT100 emulation is.

          The cost is right, though -- $60 — which makes it a no-brainer.

      On 11/1/10 9:56 AM, "Gene Buckle" <geneb@...> wrote:
      On Sun, 31 Oct 2010, Richard Cini wrote:

      > All --
      >    I just watched GET LAMP and it inspired me to start playing some of the
      > Infocom games on my IMSAI. What I never got for my IMSAI, though, is a real
      > serial terminal. I feel that playing these kind of games on a Windows laptop
      > is soooo unauthentic.
      >    Anyway, if someone has a spare vintage serial terminal that they’d like
      > to part with, please keep me in mind.
      Rich, have you thought about using one of Vince Briel's serial terminal
      boards?  From what I've read it's a pretty accurate emulation of a VT-100.

      Rich Cini
      Collector of Classic Computers