18810Re: [midatlanticretro] PDP 11/34 with Rack and twin RL01 drives

    Oct 28, 2010
      system@... wrote:
      B Degnan <billdeg@...> writes:

      Last night I picked up a  PDP 11/34 with Rack and twin RL01 drives

      It's going to be a while before this thing is ready to run, but here are
      the "before" pictures, before restoration that is.

      http://vintagecomputer.net/digital/pdp11-34a/before/

      Nice... needs some real TLC to clean it up but still nice.

      What was this running, if you know?  RT?  RSTS?  RSX?

      Unknown OS.   There are no disks, unless they were left in the drives.  My goal here is to take 3 hours to clean and put it back together carefully, and then to research the the cards.  Once I have all of that, test the power supply and determine if any cables are missing.  It's going to be a while before I hook the thing up to a terminal.  If I can at least get the front panel working I will be happy.  I have a known working RL02 drive that I can use, and plenty of RL02 RT11 era stuff.