18789Re: Proposed NJ law may impact our hobby

  • RonK
    Oct 27, 2010
      My questions is, "Why didn't the Government see this coming, and plan for electronic recycling in advance?"

      What really irked me was that the Digital TV transition was in the works for ten years. Didn't any of our Government reps realize that when the transition day hit, that millions of TV's were going to get dumped? Yea, I know there were converter boxes made available, and cable and satellite are common, but the digital transition and the cost reduction of flat-screen and HD sets really put "a whole-lota-TVs" into the dumpsters. How 'bout a little "Planning Ahead", Government guys?
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic